We have talked about Specialized before. If you are looking for quality, then the chances are that you want to get a Specialized bike. For 2021 they already created the Tarmac SL7, but the S-Work Aethos is a better, faster, and premium road bike that is promising to be the game-changer of this market, and you might wonder why, so let’s take a look at it.
Post that may interest you
Taking a quick look at the S-Work Aethos
One thing that Specialized has worried about in the past was about winning. They have thought that making a bike was like a competition for them, but things have changed now. They are now looking to give people the true expression of what a quality ride means, and that’s where the S-Work Aethos is taking place.
Specialized has broken every rule with Aethos, and that’s the motto for this road bike. This bike is designed for the sake of giving that top-tier ride most cyclists are looking for when riding.
But, how are they going to do this? Well, Specialized has some surprises waiting for us when talking about the gear that the S-Work Aethos has. Even the frame they are using is quite a surprising bet, yet they managed to create a perfectly balanced road bike.
For most cyclists and something that Specialized said, the S-Work Aethos is the first of a new breed.
Shimano, Roval, SRAM, and Specialized: Together for quality
When talking about a bike, we know that many different companies provide gear to the market. But as we could expect, Specialized has picked only the best equipment to be used on what will be their most premium bike for 2021.
Looking at the S-Work Aethos has shown people that how good mixing pieces can be. We know that Shimano stands for quality, just as SRAM and Roval, and last but not least, Specialized also means quality, top-quality, to be honest. But what they did for the Aethos is something worth admiring.
But let’s get into the important part, which is knowing exactly which gear Specialized has chosen.
- Fork: S-Works FACT Carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- Handlebars: S-Works Short & Shallow
- Stem: S-Works SL, alloy, titanium bolts, 6-degree rise
- Saddle: Body Geometry S-Works Power, Carbon Fiber Rails, Carbon Fiber Base
- Seatpost: Roval Alpinist Carbon Seatpost
- Seat Binder: Specialized Alloy, 30.0mm, titanium bolt
- Front Brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9170, hydraulic disc
- Rear Brake: Shimano Dura-Ace R9170, hydraulic disc
- Shift Levers: SRAM Red eTap AXS Hydraulic
- Front Derailleur: SRAM RED eTAP AXS, braze-on
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM RED eTAP AXS, 12-speed
- Cassette: SRAM RED eTAP AXS, 12-speed
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace R9100, HollowTech 2, 11-speed, Dual-sided Powermeter, 52/36T
- Chain: SRAM RED 12-speed
- Front & Rear Wheel: Roval Alpinist CLX, 21mm internal width carbon rim, 33mm depth, Win Tunnel Engineered, Roval AFD hub, 21h, DT Swiss Aerolite spokes, and Roval Alpinist CLX, 21mm internal width carbon rim, 33mm depth, Win Tunnel Engineered, Roval AFD hub, 24h, DT Swiss Aerolite spokes
- Front & Rear Tire: Turbo Cotton, 320 TPI, 700x26mm and Turbo Cotton, 320 TPI, 700x26mm
Specialized has shown how powerful their creations can be. And, just how they said, this is the creation of a new breed.
S-Work Aethos: A light but powerful Specialized frame
Road bikes are known for having that lightweight feel when using them. Specialized knows it, and with every cycle they create, people can see how they focus on delivering a better and lighter model.
For most bikes nowadays, carbon is the safest bet due to how light it can be. Specialized is taking advatange of this, and they even put one of their newest technologies on the S-Work Aethos. Why do we say this? It is because they used the Rider-First Engineered technology, which is a perfect combination for what they did on this bike.
But taking a deeper look at it, the S-Work Aethos has a frame named FACT 12r Carbon, Threaded BB with Electronic Cable Routing and flat-mount disc. Sounds quite impressive, no? That’s the main objective of Specialized.
S-Work Aethos: The born of a new road bike breed
Taking the word of Specialized, S-Work Aethos is a new breed of bikes that we have never seen before. We have seen that they are making a powerful bet on the components and an even more important bet on the frame.
Just to let cyclists know, they even created a Founder’s Edition, a more premium choice for the Aethos bloodline. It is fair to say that they will revolutionize the market with these models in the upcoming years.